Sunday, June 6, 2010

This makes sense!





I learned about Grandma Aggie just this morning from my friend Akasa's blog called HeartSongs.... and thought some of you might be interested in this. It all makes sense and I will pray for them to succeed.Our Earth is in big trouble and we need to change.



I also finished a couple Polish Stars potholders, one is Patriotic (in red, white and blue cotton yarn) and the other one is made from acrylic. I like to call it Peachy-Green for all my green loving friends.





That's enough practice for the Polish Star motif for now. I can dig up another unusual pattern I've never tried before. I've been spending so much time indoors that I like to challenge myself with new crocheting techniques.


It looks so pretty and green outside, so tempting and inviting, and as soon as I open up the door, the oxygen gets sucked right out of me. The heat is stifling and Gizzy even looks all verlorn and nummed by it, so we're hibernating indoors - me crocheting and him sleeping his life away...with the occasional burst of energy when we play tug-o-war with his new Miss Piggy.


Happy Sunday, my friends - and try to watch that video, if you can. It's really heartwarming and hopeful. If you can't watch the video, there's a couple of websites  The International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers and also For the next 7 Generations where we can learn about their mission. Let's pray for them - and with them - to help heal our earth and save our lives.




0 comments:

Post a Comment