Friday, October 29, 2010

My little green friend

I’ve been trying all day to get into blogger, but for the past few days I’m only able to get in at night. I know Google hates me and I can’t wait till I can afford a new computer.

Anyway, this is what I wanted to show you guys. When I returned from the doctor’s yesterday, I saw this little green fella hiding in my ginger lily:

DSCF9177

and now a little closer:

DSCF9181

By the way, my ginger lily has been blooming profusely for the past few weeks and the fragrance of the flower is heavenly. It grows beside my front porch and every time I walk by, its scent pulls me back to take another whiff. One of my neighbors walks by every morning to smell the blossoms.

DSCF9187

You know that I’m taking a big chunk of that root with me when I move, especially since I planted it there.

And lastly, I wanted to show you the wooden treasure chest I ordered from my friend Arlene (who gave me a friendly price) that I’m sending to my sister in Germany next month. I told her to make it look really rustic with lots of knotty wood holes and I chose the brown paisley lining with the gold accents…it’s really so much prettier in person, but here are a few photos. I wish I could crochet a little Johnny Depp “Captain Sparrow” doll to go inside – wouldn’t that be just too cute?

DSCF9193

 

DSCF9191

DSCF9195

She may just have to “settle” for some chocolate coins and fake pearls (beads) to fill her chest. I know she will LOVE it.

After the new year, I’m ordering one for myself because Arlene’s eyesight is failing (she gets those shots in her eye every nine weeks) and pretty soon she won’t be able to make them anymore and I selfishly want one for myself – and maybe one for Christie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment