Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Softie Swap, Halloween Potholders and Banks Lake

Today, I am posting for the first time via Windows Live Writer because Blogger is not cooperating – or maybe it’s my computer’s problem.

I participated in the “Send me a Softie” swap hosted by Vanessa of The Clip Cafe Blog. My swap partner, Caryn from Smooch Designs has sent me these lovely items all the way from Australia.

One of her newest creations, a Wacky Bird:

DSCF9051

A red paisley Happy Hippo:

DSCF9050

and a painting of an image what looks to me like Gizzy with a lovely lady that must be his auntie because I don’t look that pretty … nor young. Doesn’t that little critter smile just like Gizzy?

DSCF9053

I also finished up a couple of silly Halloween potholders that could also be used as hot pads, doilies, dish cloths or wall hangings to decorate for Halloween.

Witchy potholder

DSCF9025

Batty Potholder:

DSCF9038

Both are for sale in my Etsy shop here: Honey Bee Crochet by SturmDM

Our friend and neighbor, Terri, took Gizzy and me to Banks Lake at dusk last night where we walked half way down the Nature Trail - till Terri got spooked about possible alligators – so we turned around. On the boardwalk I encountered an interesting caterpillar:

DSCF9045

We sat and enjoyed the breeze and watched as the boats came in for the evening:

DSCF9046

Gizzy enjoyed himself just being outside and having a change of scenery:

DSCF9049

It was starting to get dark and we left relatively unharmed as there seemed to be very little mosquitoes out last night:

DSCF9048

And this concludes my first post via Windows Live Writer. I must say this is very easy and so much better than using Blogger…anyone who wants to try this, you won’t be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment