Saturday, September 4, 2010

We almost made it to the Fair

This is Gizzy in his patrioitc Babuschka...I was just goofing around with him because he's so gosh darn cute! He got that scarf at the Honey Bee Festival last year.

I purposely waited till later in the afternoon, hoping it would be not as hot so that I could take Gizzy to the Flatlanders Arts and Craft's Fair, but we only made it taout half way there and had to stop at Roquemore Park because it was so hot and stuffy and the gnats were driving us crazy...Gizzy was panting and yes, I had plenty of water for us to drink. I even had a spray bottle full of water so that I could spritz him, ok, soak him, really well.

He was so excited at the prospect of seeing people. When I pushed him through town, he could barely sit still and kept fidgeting so that he slid off the rollator seat a couple of times - silly dog. He reminded me of a little kid wiggling in anticipation, but alas, we never made it all the way there because it was too hot and I found out that there were no dogs allowed, so we just turned around and went back home, past the lake, past the duckies who were quacking and running towards everyone they saw.

At the end we got a ride home from a friend in his pick up truck because he saw that we were tired and needed to be back in the air conditioned apartment.

When we got home, I cooked Gizzy a consolation hamburger in the broiler and now he's sleeping contentedly. Soon enough it'll be cold again so that we can spend a lot more time outside. I can feel the season changing. It won't be long before we'll be having turkey dinners and practicing our Christmas carols.

0 comments:

Post a Comment