Saturday, September 25, 2010

Two butterflies enjoying the autumn sun

It's the time of year when the butterflies are fluttering about enjoying the autumn sun on this green, fragrant bush. Does anyone know what it is? I used to think it was a lemon verbena, but it's not - at least it doesn't look like anything I saw on Google Image...but if you brush your hands through the leaves, it smells so much like lemon, I just want to chew on a leaf.

Anyway, this bush was full of butterflies. These two appeared to be mating. The one on the left was fluttering above the one sitting on the flower folded up (right) and would not keep still that I could not get a clear shot as he was constantly in motion.

Does anyone know what they are? They are not Monarchs, nor do they look like the Viceroy (Monarch Imposter) to me according to the photos I have...can anyone tell me, please? They are all over the place every year at this time.

It's going to be hot today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment