Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Harvestmen, Pekingese and Moth

I went to visit my friend this morning. She lives in a house on a big lot in a woodsy area, which is why I like taking my boy over there so that he can run free. While we were conversing on her porch, enjoying the great outdoors, he, Mr. Gizmo, was whining at the front door wanting to go inside (go figure!)





She also has a well on her property and allows me to fill up my water jugs with wellwater for me and my pets to drink (yes, including my fish) and it tastes so good.






On the way home I took a couple of photos of these Harvestmen. Believe it or not, I used to play with those Daddy-longlegs when I was a kid growing up in Germany. I'd allow them to crawl up my arm and then pick them up and put them back on my wrist, just to watch them climb up my arm again - eeeek, I'd not do that  today!



When I arrived back home, I saw this clinging to the outside wall of my apartment right next to my front door. I thought it was fascinatingly creepy looking, so I photographed it. It looks to me like some sort of moth, only what kind? Does anyone know?



So much for my wildlife photography today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment