Saturday, April 17, 2010

Take the Pledge - I did!

 "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank





Defenders of Willife is asking us to pledge a Day of Service to the Earth and walk the walk for wildlife to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day -- then ask your friends and family to follow your lead.



Click here! to take your pledge.



I have pledged to pick up trash in my neighborhood, around the lake and in my local park when I go outside to walk Gizzy. My neighbor gave me her pick up tool (so I don't have to bend down so much) and I've started to carry a trash bag. There's a lot of fishing going on where I live and you probably know how much trash that generates. I especially hate finding the fishing line that can really harm the animals. It is very sad that people do not care enough to pick up after themselves. I don't want to start on a rant, but I was raised differently, weren't you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment