Thursday, April 8, 2010

Off to the hospital -

This will be short and sweet. A friend's taking me to the hospital this morning for my scan guided liver biopsy. Wish me luck! I don't want to have the Interferon treatments. I want to see a Chinese herbal doctor in Atlanta. Maybe they can help me boost my immune system to increase my 10 % chances of my own body overcoming this virus without medications - thus far it's not happening. I was diagnosed with Hep C five years ago. Turns out my antibody count is very high (not a good thing in Hep C), and my genotype is 1A, the most common, but also the most difficult to treat. My GI said he didn't want to put me through a year of misery before taking a look at my liver - I don't want to be in a year of misery, in fact I don't want to be a day in misery - I've had my share - or, so I thought.



I'm sorry, I normally don't talk about my health problems here, because this is supposed to be a fun-blog, but I'm telling you this because I consider many of you my friends; also, for those of you that pray, I would like for you to remember me in your prayers, because I believe there is power in prayer and also power in numbers. Thank you!



Gizzy's being looked after by a friend and neighbor, but I'll be back in the afternoon. He's been sleeping a lot lately. I wish I could take him with me. He's the BEST medicine. Looking at him makes my heart happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment