Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just another day in paradise...

I'm enjoing this time of year when it's still bearable to be outside. I'm already dreading the summer that will undoubtedly come all too soon and stay way too long for Gizzy and I will have to hybernate in the air conditioned apartment and practice patience.



So here are some photos from our today's early morning walk:



(Gizzy's still sleepy - but we must go before it gets too hot - early morning sun peeking through the trees)

(love it when the sun plays peek-a-boo with the trees and the early morning fog is still lingering)

(Dew on the grass in the meadow - a perfect morning for a walk)

Azelea splendor and Mr. Bumble Bee

Duckies rushing to collect their breakfast




This is momma duck and her eggs she sits on most of the time. This is the funniest duck I've ever met. She is also the fastest runner. You should see her little legs go. A real sprinter. I hope the babies will come soon. I am anxious to see little fluff balls on the water.





Pretty flowers on a climbing vine (left) and ye ole fishing hole on the right.

You could go down the steps and take a nature walk through the woods along the creek.

I get a kick out of these cypress roots, because I imagine them as little gnomes of the forest.


Little boat patiently waiting to be taken out onto the water (left) Reflections of the morning sun (right)

One of my most favorite views is to watch the sparkling water. Looking at it reminds me of little chips of diamonds or fairies or fire flies dancing on the surface - very enchanting.



Big "mansion" on the lake and Gizzy in an  azelea tunnel.
It was a nice walk on yet another beautiful and breezy day. Thanks be to God!



0 comments:

Post a Comment