Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hanging basket

So now that I have no more shade, I can hang baskets on the hooks of the building to grow something. Before I never had enough sun, only now I have too much. I actually burned my forearm on the front door yesterday - that's how hot it was. You could fry an egg on that door (I think it's metal disguised as wood.) Anyhow, I planted some cherry tomato seeds and hung the basket in front of my living room window. I purchased a kit a while back, only I used a bigger basket that I already had, and will use the smaller one for some herbs.







It's drizzling today, so it's not too hot yet. I actually took down the living room curtains and hung a dark blue bed sheet on there till I buy the bamboo covers for the outside. Keeping it dark helps and I am using all my fans. I have two ceiling fans and one that goes in the window for the dining room. I actually don't even have a dining room, but converted it into my den/office space since I rarely have company for dinner. When I do, then it's totally informal and buffet style. I've not done fancy for a very long time.





Here's what's remaining of "my" tree and Middi is actually using it as a scratching post. It makes a bit of a mess, but thanks to the vinyl flooring, it's easy to sweep up.









 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm back to do some crocheting now. I also have to prepare for a trip on Monday afternoon. My neighbor is having her back surgery, so I'm taking her to Columbus, Georgia, for her pre-op procedures and then I'm coming back Tuesday night when her family will join her for her actual surgery the following day. My neighbor, Wendy, will look after Gizzy and Middi and I will bring my digital to take some photos. I've never been to Columbus, so I might find something interesting to talk about upon my return.

 

Oh, speaking of digital: Yesterday I had a problem with my camera. The display kept saying "card not initialized", when indeed I have been using it all along. Anyhow, I decided to try the other picture card to see if I would get the same message. Well, when I went into my camera pouch to get the picture card, I found some money in there that I had stashed when I went to the Powwow in Fargo. I really needed some cash because, let's face it folks, I'm on Disability and during the last week of the month it's pretty much beans and rice for this ole gal... at least till my car's paid off. I'm sure stuff like that has happened to you before. Isn't it great when you find money you didn't know you had, like in a coat pocket or a purse?

0 comments:

Post a Comment