Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside...

I know my blog's called "Crocheting in Georgia" but did you guys know I also knit? I've been on this beanie kick where all I want to do is knit these ski hats (or beanies) and I thought I'd show them to you. They are all unisex and "one size" because I use the very stretchable rib pattern, so some might fit a bit more relaxed, some a little more snug, but basically, they will stretch to fit pretty much every head size. Just on a side note: these babies take me all day to knit, but they are solid and very warm. Somehow I think knitting takes longer than crocheting, but I suppose it's all what you are more used to. I generally crochet more, but also enjoy knitting.


This one is maroon or claret and actually a bit darker than on the photo.

This one is my favorite because it's white and it reminds me of snow - or a ski bunny!



I purposely made this hat a bit smaller to fit a child (or teen) and just for fun, I added a pom-pom.

I had fun making this beanie because I really like these two bright colors together. It's a nice, safe hat to wear at night.



You can find all those in my Etsy shop here. I might start another because I really enjoy making them. The pattern is simple enough that I can knit whilst watching a movie and not lose my place.

Besides, it's getting chilly at night and a good time to be wearing these nifty little head and ear warmers. The cuff can fold way down over the ears.






So, that's what I've been doing, just FYI - if you want one and have a particular color in mind, let me know and I'll stitch it for you - Oh, by the way, all my Followers get 25% off on these hats, just because I enjoy and appreciate you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment