Monday, November 16, 2009

Another knitted handbag completed

I just finished a handbag that I knitted as part of a custom order for a dear friend who picked the colors for this attractive looking purse. It's knitted in one piece on a circular needle including the lining. The handle is an I-cord that I personally like to knit with 4 needles (instead of 2) because I find that method less stressful for my fingers and hands.
Also, I wanted a button that matched this bag exactly, so I just took one of my ordinary metal buttons and crocheted a cover around it in the same yarn as the bag, voila! You can see more images of this bag in my shop on Etsy.











I crocheted this pattern of handbag earlier for my mother in Germany who wanted one in her favorite colors of lilac and/or lavender. This is the one I made for my mom last year that she still talks about and loves very much (probably mostly because I made it for her.)


I can envision knitting this handbag in white, maybe with a pale silver/grey accent and then adding a sparkly bright red poinsettia on the side for a festive touch. That will be on my to do list after I get the next 15 things out of the way. Well, at least I won't be bored anytime soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment