Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mostly photos from our morning walk!

Last night, I played my fireplace DVD for the first time of the season and I wished I had a bigger TV, but considering I didn't have a TV at all for the past eight months, I'm satisfied for what I have.





and now with the lights off:






I heard on the news that last night was the coldest we had this season (31-34 degrees) and today it was a nice, crisp morning with very low humidity. I love going walking when I can see my breath and feel the sting in my face...brrrr....Gizzy and I followed Smokey (one of our resident strays that I help feed every day.) He leads the way with Gizzy trailing behind, pulling on his leash in an attempt to catch him:




 There's frost on the grass and on the roof tops. I love it - and so does the Gizz:





From the boardwalk at lake Irma, I look down to see the ducks and their guardian Canada goose. She keeps a watchful eye on her "babies" that she seems to have adopted.






On the other side of the lake, I throw out some cracked corn and seeds for their breakfast:




Here's a close-up of Queen Victoria (yes, we named the fowl.)




By now it's about 9:30 and a toasty 51 degrees, which would be perfect for me the rest of the year. I can breathe so much better in this weather and I hardly cough at all...


Walking back home, I find some pretty blossoms along the way:










Tomorrow, is the last day to enter my November Giveaway!


0 comments:

Post a Comment