Sunday, July 18, 2010

In the kitchen with blueberries and figs

First of all, thank you so much everyone, for your encouraging words and condolences on the loss of my cat, Middi. Her absence has definitely left an empty spot in my heart and home. Your kindness is overwhelming.



I had to figure out what to do with the blueberries and figs I have been picking. So, I decided to make refrigerator jam.









Regrettably, it did not thicken enough, so now I have blueberry-fig sauce to pour over pankaces or ice cream. It tastes delishious!









Meanwhile, Gizzy is supervising, watching every move I make:






Next, I baked a fig cake by lining a 9" cake pan with yeast dough and then layering it with halfed figs, like this:






Then, I covered it with Streusel topping:






About 35 minutes later, it was bubbling hot and ready to come out of the oven:






That night, I had coffee and fig cake for dinner (which tasted just like grandma's plum cake)




 


and cucumber-string bean vegetable salad for dessert








 Look who's been chewing on his paws:







Covering his paws with preemie socks seems to help him quit chewing on himself. 






Silly boy!




Don't forget to enter my July Giveaway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment