Friday, February 12, 2010

It's snowing in Southern Georgia!

Apparently it's been 12 years or longer since it snowed here. We're just 30 miles from the Florida border, so having snow is very unusual. Tonight my entire neighborhood's in an uproar. People calling each other and yelling and yippeeing as if they won the lottery.



I took some photos, but since it was dark (and my camera isn't the greatest) the pictures look accordingly. It's supposed to be 20 degrees tonight and if it keeps raining/snowing, maybe we'll have a nice, white blanket of snow to wake up to and then I can go out and take better photos.



Here's my boy on top of my car checking out the snow...it came down more like clumps of ice rather than snowflakes, but still, it's very unusual to have this happen here. I don't think Gizzy ever saw snow, at least not with me. I got him when he was 3 years old, but I doubt the previous owner took him up to the mountains.







One of my neighbors petting Gizzy on top of my car


looking out the back door it appears as if the grass is starting to get covered with a white blanket

I know it's not much, but it just started, so maybe by tomorrow there will be more to see.







my neighbor's car.



This might be it, but perhaps tomorrow morning I'll wake up to a big surprise and see a bunch more.



Over and out from the snowy deep South ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment