Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gizzy back from the Vet's

Hello, this is me, Gizzy, and I had a chest X-ray this morning to see my heart. The Vet showed the picture to mommy and told her that I had the early stages of congestive heart failure. The Vet prescribed Enalapril for me twice daily. Mommy got these Pill Pockets and hides them inside so that I can eat them without even knowing that it's medicine. It works! It's not bad enough yet for me to require a special diet (i.e. R/D) but I will have to be monitored. Although this condition is irreversible, it can be controlled with proper medication and that's why we're going back in three months for another chest X-ray to check on my progress. It didn't hurt at all!

Mommy said I was a really good boy because they didn't have to sedate me or anything, but I'm happy to be home again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment