Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy 2nd Advent Sunday and St. Nicholas Day!



Today, we light two candles on our Advent Wreath

and celebrate in anticipation of Christ's birth on Christmas Eve.







This is what's called a "bunte Teller" meaning a colorful plate, a typical gift from St. Nikolaus if you were good as it is St. Nikolaus Tag in Germany and other European countries. I trust most children got some tasty treats on their plates or in their shoes, but I bet there also will be some very scared (probably) little boys vowing to do better next year. (Read my previous post for details.)



I also finally finished crocheting this pretty shawl and hat ensemble that would be perfect to wear with a little black dress on New Year's Eve. It's made from Patons' Devine mohair blend yarn in halo blue and I must tell you, the photos do not do it justice. This lovely set feels light as a feather - it's like touching a bunny rabbit...so light and airy and the color reminds me of a cloud...and you can barely feel the hat on your head.

















You can see more images of this shawl and the dimensions in my Etsy shop here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment