Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

In honor of Earth Day today, I took a few photos and a nice little video clip from my walk around Lake Irma with Gizzy this morning.




I hope you can hear the birds singing. I love listening to all those different sounds. When I close my eyes, I can imagine being in a tropical rain forest somewhere. I just don't understand why there are so many mosquitoes with all those birds around. Don't birds eat mosquitoes? I know dragonflies do. Maybe I need to start raising them.



(Click arrow ABOVE to view video)

I set my alarm and we headed out early, since I learned that all the mosquitoes in Georgia are now after ME! Apparently it must be open season for DORIS! No matter what I do, they attack me. I sprayed repellent everywhere (or so I thought) but must've missed a spot between my fingers. Well, guess where I got stung? Also, they sting right through my clothes. I give up! For me, resistance is futile. I need a beekeeper's outfit! Or do like I do every summer - go out very early in the morning and then stay inside for the rest of the day! (poor Gizzy)

Here's a picture of Gizzy and I that a friend took when she came walking up with her two dogs.



















On the way back home, we saw this log cabin that someone's building around the corner from where I live (they've been working on it for a while)


















Lastly, please click below to see how Valdosta, Georgia, celebrated Earth Day:

Valdosta Daily Times

0 comments:

Post a Comment